31 Jan Things to Do In Ahmedabad for Unique Experience
Being the biggest and the popular city in Gujarat, Ahmedabad has quite a lot in store to wonder anyone who tours around. Be it the famous Sabarmati Ashram or the talk of the town – law garden, the list of things to do in Ahmedabad is limitless. Regardless of whether you’re traveling here for the first time or second, these 10 things are experiences that you really need to have without fail!
- Visit the famous Sabarmati Ashram
Pretty popular and common, a visit to the Sabarmati Ashram is one of the top things to do in Ahmedabad. This place was Gandhiji’s humble abode and the museum here has preserved a detailed, informative record of his life and his teachings.Timings: 8:30 AM to 6:30 PM
- Cost: The entry to the museum is absolutely free for everyone.
- Location: Gandhi SmarakSangrahalaya, HridayaKunj, Old Wadaj, Ahmedabad
- Watch a movie at the Sunset Drive in Cinema
Of the many activities in Ahmedabad at night, watching a movie at the famous and huge drive in cinema is an absolute must-experience for anyone who visits the city. This open-air cinema has the largest screen in Asia and is first of its kind, which can accommodate around 665 cars at a time. The restaurant here offers a wide variety of food at prices you won’t mind paying for at all.
- Timings: There are usually two shows that are run around 7:30 PM and then 10:30 PM.
- Location: Drive In Road, Ahmedabad
- Enjoy a sneak peek Of JhultaMinara
If you love exploring a city like a tourist, stealing a sneak peek of this piece of historic architecture should be on the top of your list. It is also known as shaking minar because whenever a minaret is shaken, the other also starts to vibrate.
- Timings: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- Cost: The entry is free for everyone.
- Location: Nr. Kalupur Railway Station Road, Sakar Bazzar, Kalupur, Ahmedabad
- Admire the vintage cars in the Auto World Vintage Car Museum
The auto world vintage car Museum in the city is one of the largest and biggest home of automobiles in the country. Also, it’s one of the best museums in the world. From Bentleys and Rolls-Royces to Daimler and Lincolns, visiting this place is among the best things to do in Ahmedabad for anyone who has a heart for vintage cars. What’s special? You can also take a fun drive of the great vintage cars.
- Timings: 8:00 AM to 9:00 PM
- Cost: The price for the entry is INR 50 per person.
- Location: Dastan Estate, Sardar Patel Ring Road, Kathwada, Ahmedabad
- Take a guided heritage walk
Another must-experience amongst activities in Ahmedabad is taking a heritage walk. The municipal corporation of Ahmedabad organizes a great daily walking tour through the old city. Other than a lot of discoveries, you would also witness 600 pols-nooks-like neighbourhoods with common courtyards, which are too impressive and worth the long walk.
- Timings: 8 AM to 10:30 AM
- Cost: The charges are INR 30 for students, INR 50 for Indian tourists and INR 100 for international tourists.
- Location: From Swaminarayan Temple in Kalupur till Jama Masjid
- Spend your evening at the Victoria Garden
Located at the southern verge of the majestic Bhadra fort, spending time at the popular Victoria garden is one of the activities in Ahmedabad for couples. The tranquillity of the beautiful garden along with the unique backdrop makes it a feast for both the eyes and soul.
- Location: Bhadra, Ahmedabad
- Visit the spectacular Jama Masjid
Being one of India’s most beautiful mosques, constructed by Ahmed Shah in 1423, Jama Masjid is a place you have to visit at least once when you’re in the city. The best time to visit here is during the evening when you can sense the peace in the atmosphere and admire the grandeur of the architecture.
- Timings: 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Cost: There are no entry charges for the mosque.
- Location: Manek Chowk, Gandhi Road, Ahmedabad
- Rejoice at the Kankaria Lake
Situated in the southern part of Ahmedabad, this is the largest lake in the city. Coming here for a leisure day out is a famous thing for both kids and families. From toy train and water rides to tethered balloon rides, this place has a lot of amusement in store for you.
- Timings: 9:00 AM to 10:00 PM
- Cost: The charges for adults are INR 10 and kids are INR 5.
- Location: Maninagar Area, Ahmedabad
- Learn a thing or two at the Science City
Set up by the government of Gujarat in 1960 to spread awareness about the development of science and its application in human life, science city is a place you must visit. The IMAX 3D Theatre, exhibition hall, amphitheater, and the thrill rides here, along with various halls are a major point of interest to calm the geek in you.
- Timings: 10:00 Am to 8:00 PM
- Cost: The charges range from INR 10 to INR 125 depending on the show you attend.
- Location: SP Ring Rd,Hebatpur, Ahmedabad
- Satiate your midnight hunger pangs at Manek Chowk
Positioned in the oldest quarter of Ahmedabad, this is the exceptional place to visit at night to get a taste of the city’s best street food. During the day, this place is home to jewellers and at night a haven for experiencing some of Gujarat’s best desserts, ice creams, sandwiches, and more.
- Timings: 8:00 PM to 1:30 AM
Location: Near Bhadra Fort, Ahmedabad